138 Dirksen Drive, DeBary, FL US 32713
Parenting (Part 2)
1. Pray for your children.
Thanksgiving: Children are a gift from the Lord (Ps. 127.3). Thank God everyday for your children, their spouses, your grandchildren.
Wisdom: Pray for spiritual wisdom to make godly decisions.
Know Him better: Ask God to grow them deep in their knowledge and love for Christ.
Future Hope: Pray that your children live with eternity in mind.
Glorious inheritance: Thank God for the promise of eternity. Pray for children or grandchildren who don’t yet know Jesus.
Great power: As God to give them power through the Holy Spirit to live obediently.
Strength: Ask the Holy Spirit to provide them strength to resist temptations.
Established in love: Pray that they demonstrate a 1 Corinthians 13 love.
Grasp the love of Christ: Pray that they understand who they are in Christ and live in the freedom of the unconditional love of Jesus.
2. Use this Christmas to begin a time for family devotions.
3. Help your children determine what to look for and pray for in a friend and future spouse.
4. Teach your children how to handle responsibility.
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.
God: Favor with God/Spirit
- Personal Daily Devotions
- Attend church weekly—corporate worship, get involved with a Bible Study on campus/dorm
- Godly habits
- Focus on Studies
- Maintain GPA
- Get to know professors—ask questions
Others: Favor with Man/Heart
- Considerate of roommates
- Dating—healthy physical boundaries. Remembers he’s someone’s future husband/wife and you are someone’s future husband/wife.
- Stay in touch is family
Work Out: Stature/Body
- Eat Healthy
5. Be a student of your children and their culture so that you can be the best teacher to your children.
6. Let’s work together to become an unselfie church.
We'll address the issue of self-focus.
Other sermons in the series
What has the Lord called us to do?
The Story of We begins with God.
The Anatomy of Temptation and Sin.
The path to forgiveness is paved by God’s character.
The path of forgiveness begins with godly sorrow.
Unselfie begins with Jesus and flows to others.
Essential elements of a successful marriage.
The primarily way we teach our children is modeling and mentoring.
Children are a gift from the Lord (Ps. 127.3).
How do you keep your communication with God fresh?