How Can This HELP Me? Look BELOW to Learn More!
1Personal devotion is a critical part of walking with Jesus, and we know it can be hard to make that time each day. Below is a list of devotionals for every age and stage of life to give you a starting point to your own devotional time.
365 Day Devotions
- Journey Through The Bible – Ron Moore
- Utmost For His Highest – Oswald Chambers
- Experiencing God Day-By-Day – Henry Blackaby and Richard Blackaby
- Morning And Evening – C.H. Spurgeon
- A Year With C.S. Lewis: Daily Readings From His Classical Works
- Unto The Hills – Billy Graham
- Grace For The Moment – Max Lucado
- Family Devotions – Josh Mcdowell
- Day Light – Anne Graham Lotz
- Night Light: A Devotional For Couples – James and Shirley Dobson
- Devotions For A Sacred Marriage – Gary Thomas
- The One Year Love Language Minute Devotional – Gary Chapman
- The One Year Devotions For Couples – David and Teresa Ferguson
- The Love Dare: Day By Day – Stephen Kendrick and Alex Kendrick
- Heirs Together Of Life: Daily Bible Readings For Husbands And Wives – Charles and Norma Ellis
- Becoming Soul Mates: 52 Meditations To Bring Joy To Your Marriage – Les and Leslie Parrott
- Moments Together For Couples: Devotions For Drawing Near To God And One Another – Dennis and Barbara Rainey
Devotions For Women
- Everyday Encouragement – Pamela Mcquade
- Speak To My Heart, God – Kay Arthur
- Jesus Calling – Sarah Young
Devotions For Men
- Every Day For Every Man – Stephen Arterburn
- The Jesus Storybook Bible – Sally Lloyd Jones
- The Action Bible Devotion: 52 Weeks Of God-Inspired Adventure – Jeremy V. Jones
- Total Devotion – Kevin Johnson
- Youth Devotions – Josh Mcdowell
Devotional Apps On Your Phone
- Olive Tree
- Youversion Bible
- Meditations For The Journey – Ron Moore
- Valley Of Vision – Arthur Bennett
- Imitation Of Christ – Thomas A. Kempis
- Quiet Moments With God – Lloyd Ogilvie
- Praying The Names Of Jesus – Ann Spangler
- The Indwelling Life Of Christ – Major W. Ian Thomas
- Jesus Today – Sarah Young
- Wisdom For The Way – Charles R. Swindoll
- Golden Booklet Of The True Christian Life – John Calvin
- The Essential Jesus – Whitney T. Kuniholm
2The opportunities below are just a small sampling of the many opportunities to serve here at our church.
Take our Spiritual Gifts Assessment!
Children’s Ministry: Sunday Morning Kids Praise Teachers and Nursery Volunteers. Contact Nancy Haresign.
Jr. High Ministry: Small Group Leaders. Contact Luke McClain.
Sr. High Ministry: Adult Disciple-Makers. Contact J Ware.
Men’s Ministry: Special Event Volunteers. Contact Men’s Ministry.
Women’s Ministry: Kid’s Resale Volunteers (March). Contact Laura Ankrom.
Marriage Ministry: Marriage Mentors—Premarital and Crisis. Contact Mike McCormick.
Older Adult Ministry: Care and Compassion Ministry Volunteer. Contact Wayne Johnson.
Grounded Ministry: Disciple-Makers. Contact Tom Rojahn.
Chapter 2 Bookstore: Cashiers. Contact Sharon Meeder.
Connections Cafe: Cashiers. Contact Nikki Hatfield.
Worship Arts: Choir and/or Band Members. Contact Kirk Voller.
Security, Parking, and Medical: Weekend Security, Parking and/or Medical Team Volunteers. Contact Terry Berringer.
FirstLink: Weekend Door Greeters, Welcome Escorts and Ushers. Contact Debbie Miller.
Tech Arts: Tech Team Volunteers (Camera, Sound, Light). Contact Simon James.
Concert Volunteer Team: Guest Services Representatives, Hospitality Team Members. Contact Petra Hinton.
Sports Ministry: Game-Day Volunteers. Contact Derrick Carson.
Outreach Ministry: Local Partner and International Mission Team Volunteers. Contact Alison Mish.
3We can’t live without air, food, and water. And we can’t live without other people. Relationships are key to life, especially in living the Christian life . . . True discipleship is all about Christ. And Christ was about relationships. His passion was for people, not tasks or organizations or even movements. For us, this passion translates into multiplying our lives, living among the lost, and making disciples where we live.
– Living Grounded
Our mission as a church is to develop followers of Jesus Christ. We love the word “develop” because it means to bring into reality or to grow and make stronger. As a church, our deepest desire is to continually minister the Gospel to one another, supporting one another, teaching one another, challenging one another and walking with one another so that together we are moving one step closer to knowing Christ and being conformed to his image.
We believe that one of the very best ways to know Christ and be conformed to his image is discovered in meaningful, life-on-life relationships. This is why in 2013 we invite you to know one another and grow one another through one or more of the following ways.
- One-On-One discipleship
- One-On-Few discipleship
- Couple-To-Couple discipleship
- Life Groups (A group of 6-15)
- Discipleship Classes
God created us to be in significant relationships and to grow stronger as we develop our spiritual lives. Wherever you are in your spiritual journey, there is a meaningful relationship waiting to begin.